Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Week #3 FANTASY FOOTBALL QUESTIONS???

Phillip writes:

Question:
which 2 rb's do i start? D.Mcallister, S.Davis or B.Westbrook

Answer:
my choice is Westbrook and Mcallister. they both play average at
best rush defenses. S.Davis plays a decent defense in the dolphins.
if you are in a yardage based scoring system these 2 are the best choices.
although davis saw the endzone 3 times last week, don't expect the same
results in miami.

Question:
phillip asks who do i start from the following ? Lee Evans, Marcus Robinson
or Braylon Edwards

Answer:
none of these are great options. Braylon had a 3 catch 107 yard performance
in week #2 vs a poor packers defense but this week finds another matchup
altogether with the newly formed indy colts (Dwight Freeney meet Trent
Dilfer). neither robinson or evans have been worthy of a start.
having said that i would start M.Robinson. Robinson
is due for a td score especially against a poor saints defense and with nate
burleson banged up with a minor knee sprain, culpepper will look towards
the veteran.

Beck, Greg wrote:

I am looking to pick up 1 or 2 WR’s, so far the ones I have are not
producing.
In my league we are not allowed to trade between teams, so we
can only pick up players that are not on a team. I am going to try
to get P. Burress (NYG) and dump M. Clayton (TB). My question
is should I also try to get K. Johnson (DAL) and dump
L. Fitzgerald (ARI). I really would like to get more points from
my WR’s, Fitzgerald has been the most consistent so far, but I
don’t know how many TD’s he will produce this season.
I also have A. Johnson (HOU) and S. Smith (CAR) but would
to hold onto these 2 for now.
Thanks, Greg

My advice was to wait a couple of weeks(the season is still young).
hold onto these widereceivers until then to see if their performance
continues to falter.
M.clayton had a decent week #2 and S.Smith will put up comparable
stats to that of which mushin muhammad put up in 2004.
Andre Johnson's performance and Houston's offense so far is a major
concern. perhaps the recent firing of o'coordinator palmer will be
beneficial to johnson(guess it couldn't hurt at this point). Fitzgerald
seems to be Warners main target.
To me the core of widereceivers Greg has are legitimate #1 starters.

Beck, Greg also asks

Ronnie, I want to replace Kicker M. Nugent (NYJ).
The choices I have available are J. Kasay (CAR), J. Scobee (JAX),
Tynes (KC), or J. Carney (NO).
I am leaning toward Kasay, but Scobee might get more attempts.
Can you provide some insight? Thanks. Greg

Response:
J.Kasay, handsdown.
he's perfect so far and has connected on fieldgoals of 51 & 52 yards.
no questioning his leg strength.

Question:
which defense should i pickup? N.Y.Giants, St.Louis Rams, S.F.49ers.


Answer:
N.Y.Giants.
p.s. avoid S.F.49er's defense until they play st.louis again.


Sincerely, Ronnie Keesee

No comments: