Saturday, October 21, 2006

Week 7 Questions

Q: With Larry Fitzgerald out, I'm starting 2nd or 3rd string fantasy receivers. This week it's Braylon Edwards, Terry Glenn, and Lee Evans. Which WRs have good matchups?
A: The word on Fitz is that he'll sit out this week AND next and then he has a bye. He'll come back week 10 for sure.

Edwards has a tough matchup, but should get 10-12 looks against a great Denver defense. Denver is stopping teams on the ground and Frye will have few options (Denver has done very well against TEs), meaning Edwards should see a lot of passes...but can he beat Champ Bailey? We'll see.

Glenn has a pretty good matchup at NYG. I like Glenn a lot here. All depends on how Dallas' OL holds up in pass protection, meaning it’s up to how quick Bledsoe can get the ball off. I fully expect Julius Jones to get 20+ carries and 100+ yards in this game.

Lee Evans is a must start because of how often Losman targets him. Buffalo is facing a tough NE team, but the weakness is their secondary. I expect Losman to have a rough day, but when Buffalo goes to their hurry up, short pass game, Evans gets a ton of catches. Evans should catch 8-10 balls in this game for 85+ yards. McGahee is definately riding the pine this week on FF roster. He won't break 70 yards on the ground.

Q: Any WR sleepers this week?
A: Most of the good sleepers are already on a roster someplace. But here’s some guys who may be on the waiver/FA that will do pretty well this week.

Bryant Johnson (Cards) vs Oak. Leinart is making things happen and with Edge averaging garbage numbers on the ground, most of Arizona's yardage will come through the air. Johnson is sure to see about 6 catches.

Eric Parker (SD) vs KC. I think Parker has a solid week this week against KC. I think SD will put up ~30 points and Rivers should have 2 TDs through the air. Parker's getting more looks every week.

Deion Branch (Seattle) vs Min. I said he'd have a big week last week and he came through. I love his talent and he's a big play guy.

Javon Walker (Denver) vs CLE. Walker's going to have a big day. He's getting more and more involved in the offense, who is struggling through the air. I think we'll see Cutler sooner than later.

Joe Jurevicius (Cleveland) vs Denver. Joe Jurevicius is starting now that Dennis Northcutt is out. I thought Joe would help Cleveland quite a bit and they would have a very competitive pass offense this season. Edwards and Winslow have done their part, so we’ll see on Joe.

Q: I have an Offensive flex position in which I can put in any offensive player. My question is should I start Laurence Maroney at Buffalo, DeShaun Foster at Cinci, or Ben Roethlisberger at Atlanta?
A: I wouldn't put Ben in a flex position. Most leagues give points in a flex position based on number of catches are rushes. I’m not sure how that would work out for a QB.
Atlanta has a very good pass D. so I expect a 2 TD, 1 INT day possible for Big Ben. I wouldn’t necessarily expect a repeat performance of last week.

Foster hasn't been that good this season, but I like him simply because DeAngelo Williams is out and he's really the ONLY back worthy of a starting spot in Carolina. I think this will be a good game as Cinci starts to get back on track, so the Panthers will run the ball at least 20 times. Foster will get his touches and will find the endzone at least once.

I like Maroney at Buffalo, but I don't like the fact that he's sharing almost 50/50 with Dillon. For that reason, Foster is the better pick.

No comments: